Miyerkules, Oktubre 30, 2013

Fruit of Labor: An Award To Cherish In My Life

For those who are in their 4th year in college and in their last term, It inevitably to feel such excitement everything about graduation. Everyone seems like a wannabe's and hopefuls in a competition that they do everything they can just to win in their subjects. But no one is more excited and joyous to those who will harvest their fruit after a tough 4-year battle in college. To those who will receive Latin awards.


Picture at screen during the awarding ceremony


I remembered the time I was really very dedicated to each of my subjects whether they minor or major. I woke up early in the morning to rent for a PC to answer my Filipino I assignment. We have no computer at home during that time. There were also time the I have to rent PC each day to code some of our assignments in WebPage (HTML, PHP) and PROG1(Java). That was really a tiring and pathetic yet desperate move just to garner high grades during my early years in the college.


I also remembered that we have to answer our problem sets in one of our difficult subject, Calculus 1 & 2. We also conquered answering machine problems using different programming languages such as Java, PHP, VB.NET, C# among others. We had built systems as a requirement in DBMS, SWENG, SADNP and THESB.

Me (Right) and my friend Doden at PICC, Pasay City, PH

But there are two subjects that we admired the most for it was effectively gave us headaches, stresses, sleepless nights, confusions, and a lot of tests, Thesis and Physics.


Thesis - it is basically a partial requirement in the degree of Computer Science. I define it as a test for your ability to articulate your thoughts when some of your group mates have misunderstanding on you during the oral defense. It is a test of friendship. It is an activity that burns weights and calories. It is the cause of misunderstanding and debate in some point. Despite all of that, It is quality time to spend with your group mates. I was so blessed to have bright group mates and best college friends like Dennisee, Kristian and Diane. It was also stressing to think the event after thesis, the Programming Skill Evaluation. It is a test to evaluate your logic and  programming skills given in a period of time.

Physics - I regarded this as a time-eater subject. It consumes the so much time to understand each topic and consumes to answer some difficult-to-understand/analyze problems. It was the subject that changed my habit of sleeping and eating in my entire college life. I always uttered the lines "Mas gugustuhin ko pang mag Calculus ng tatlong beses." It is just maybe because the subject was made difficult by the instructor.


Passing those Thesis with flying colors thrice, Programming Skill Evaluation and Physics just give me an indescribable joy to my heart. It was just like passing a prestigious competition with multi-million prize. 


It was a hard, difficult, sleepless, bloody, heart-breaking, exhausting yet joyous and victorious struggle in University of the East academic arena. Words are not enough to express my meaningful college life.


It is great to remember those things and compare what I am now, and what will I be. I will lift this Magna Cum Laude award to our almighty God. He is worthy all the glory and the praise. He gave me more that what I deserved. Who gets this opportunity like this? He is my guiding star in the dark days of my entire life. I also share this to my beloved mother, Teresita M. Turalba, my pops, Romulo, and to my family ,relatives, to my RNHS teachers, UE Professors, to my Computer Students Society friends, to UE Friends and to those who believed, prayed and supported me all the way. Thank you very very very much.

Silver Medal for Magna Cum Laude
Silver medal



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento